Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Friends of Adam


I am on a constant search for delicious gluten-free goodies since I became gluten free three years ago. It’s easy at home, when I can cook and bake myself, but in Stockholm; the land of cardamom buns, it’s a bit tougher to find sweets to enjoy with my delicious coffee. That’s why I was overjoyed to discover FriendsOfAdam, a gluten free bakery just a few blocks from our friend Jen’s Apartment (and our temporary home) in Sodermalm. Karin Moberg, the founder, left her corporate career to open FriendsOfAdam after her son was diagnosed with celiac, on the assumption that “Everyone should be able to eat good bread.”



EVERYTHING they bake is delicious. From the weightless cardamom cookies to the perfectly textured Danish rye bread, to their own version of the Swedish cinnamon buns, to their melt-in-your-mouth muffins (the kind that are light and buttery, unlike the usually dense and heavy gluten free muffins one finds) – I was in heaven. Oh, and their flat bread and crackers are perfect too.  As Corey and I packed for Finland today, I slowly ate my last slice of fruit-and-nut bread thinking that I wouldn’t have this feeling – the feeling that I’m eating “real” bread for a while again. But, who knows, maybe I will discover other amazing gluten free bakeries in the other Nordic countries?! After all, we’ve only seen Sweden.

Tack so mycket, FriendsOfAdam, for filling my tummy with love!

No comments:

Post a Comment